quick start: launch in minutes
Our goal is that you should be able to launch your site faster than you’ve ever launched a premium WordPress site before.
The Speed Launch: This theme will work out of the box without touching a single Theme Option. There’s no need to spend hours riffling through the theme documentation and wrapping your head around proprietary systems, shortcodes, or half-baked user interfaces. Just do this:
- Install the theme.
- Install the plugins that you’re prompted to install.
- That’s it. You’re done.
This theme works the way that any basic WordPress works, nothing more, nothing less. As such, we’ve followed a few guiding principles when building this theme:
Our Theme Principles
- All WordPress standard features work out of the box.
- Using the theme is intuitive. You won’t need to read the manual unless you really want to.
- No bloated or buggy features just to list them on the marketing page.
- Theme options are all visually appealing and easy to understand.
- Theme customizations happen in the Theme Customizer panel where you can see your changes LIVE before you save them.
- Theme Options & Customization are just that – options. You can use the theme without filling them out.
- Extended features are added via standards friendly plugins, not baked into the theme.
- Plugins & Add-Ons are also totally optional. Don’t want to use the plugins we used in the demo? That’s fine. You can use your own plugins without any special coding.
The rest of this guide is for anyone who wants a more detailed walkthrough of the setup and how to import the demo content.
Full Installation Walkthrough
Step 01: One-Click Theme Install
Install and Activate the theme. You can do this from your Appearances > Themes panel in the WordPress dashboard. Click the “Upload” button and upload the ZIP file that you will find in the “Theme_Installable_ZIP” folder.
Step 02: One-Click Plugin Install
The theme will now prompt you to install a handful of plugins that we used in the theme demo. Simply follow the on-screen prompt to install these plugins. Make sure that they are activated too! You can visit the Plugins panel later on in the event that you accidentally dismiss this notice.
You don’t need to use these plugins, but we do require them to be activated to avoid any potential support questions. Advanced users can remove this “force activation” from the “/theme-name/functions/theme-plugin-loader.php” file.
Step 03: One-Click Demo Content Install (optional)
If this is a fresh WordPress installation (meaning, you don’t have any content yet, there ain’t no shame in wanting to just copy some of the demo-content to get a head start. You can import our theme demo in one of two ways:
1. One-Click Demo Import: Visit the Quick Start guide in our Appearances > Theme Options panel and click the “Import Demo Posts & Pages” button. This might take a few minutes, but it’ll do everything automatically for you. This is a “beta feature”, and we recommend that you don’t click this button twice.
2. Manual Demo Import: Install the WordPress Importer plugin from the Tools > Import panel. Then manually import the “Demo-Content.XML” file that you’ll fine in the Documentation folder that you download from ThemeForest.
Step 04: Assign Your Menus & Widgets
There isn’t really a great way to reliably install the demo menu and widgets onto your theme without introducing some rather large security holes into this theme… as such, even if you imported the demo data, you will need to set your theme menus and widgets. Visit the following panels to do this:
- Appearances > Menus
- Appearances > Widgets
The theme has two menu areas (one for the main layout mode, one for the mobile layout mode).
The theme has several “sidebar” areas that will accept widgets, including multiple “bonus” widget areas that you can use with the “Dynamic Widgetized Sidebar” module in the Visual Composer.
Step 05: Theme Options Panel
Do I need to fill out the theme options panel? No. Any important Theme Options that we used in the demo will load by default. You are not required to have an image logo, social media, or anything else.
Visit the Appearances > Theme Options panel to make changes. This is what the admin panel looks like:
Step 06: Theme Customizer
Visit your Appearances > Customize panel to make any superficial theme style customizations.
Note! The Theme Customizer is entirely optional. You don’t need to change a single thing on it and we have not used it at all in the demo… That said, it will give you control to change everything from fonts, type sizes, type color, background colors, and lots more for every main section of the theme. Here’s what it looks like:
Step 07: Assign Your Homepage
This theme will display a list of posts on the front page by default. If you want to use a “Static Page” with your own custom content instead, just visit the Settings > Reading panel to display a Static Page as the Front Page.
You will be able to add your own further customizations to the frontpage in the Front Page tab at the left of this Theme Options panel.
At this point you should have a fairly decent looking front-end site. That’s good! But you won’t really be able to call it your own until you start adding your own content (posts, pages, etc.) and filling out your own Theme Options. This might take an afternoon or two for new users, but we’re confident that you’ll be rocking out awesome sites with this theme in no time. Remember that there is a full & thorough set of documentation here.